Founded in 1993, Voyager Digital offers numerous brokerage platforms for different assets, including cryptocurrencies. The company now wants to combine the world of crypto and equities by allowing investors to purchase the latter via Circle’s stablecoin – USDC.
- The report from Bloomberg informed that the feature will most likely see the light of day by the end of the year.
- It will be possible following a joint venture between Voyager Digital and Market Rebellion that will enable both sides to run a regulated broker-dealer.
- The new entity will handle equity trades on behalf of Voyager’s clients. They will be able to purchase shares of companies listed on Voyager’s platforms using USDC as the payment method.
“Incorporating stock trading, especially basing it on digital dollars, is a natural extension of what we’re doing, of our value proposition and what consumers are going to want in the near future.” – commented the company’s co-founder and CEO – Steve Ehrlich.
- Future plans for Voyager include rolling out a cryptocurrency-based debit card through a partnership with Mastercard and Metropolitan Commercial Bank.
- CryptoPotato reported recently that two of the largest cryptocurrency exchanges – FTX and Bitstamp – have similar plans as Voyager. Both firms outlined plans to start offering stock trading products to their clients to compete with behemoths like Robinhood and eToro.
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to register and receive $100 free and 10% off fees on Binance Futures first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter POTATO50 code to receive up to $7,000 on your deposits.