Continuing his quest to spread political and economic sanctions against Russia as much as possible, the Ukrainian Vice Prime Minister, Mykhailo Fedorov, asked Tether to halt servicing Russians.
- Mykhailo Fedorov, the Vice Prime Minister of Ukraine, asked tether to halt servicing Russian users.
Today, the entire democratic world has united against Russia to punish the bloody invaders economically. I call on Tether (and Paolo Ardoino – CTO) to stop any transactions with the Russians! For Peace!
- While some supported his request, others revoked, claiming that censorship – in any shape or form – is exactly what cryptocurrencies stand against.
- Tether hasn’t yet commented on the matter officially.
- In late February, Fedorov also asked major cryptocurrency exchanges to stop servicing Russian customers. Most of the venues failed to comply with his request, saying that they would if it came from a place of regulatory authority.
- However, Coinbase, the leading US-based cryptocurrency exchange, recently blocked over 25,000 addresses belonging to Russian customers.
- The company explained that all off them were somehow related to or engaged in illegal activities.
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to register and receive $100 free and 10% off fees on Binance Futures first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter POTATO50 code to receive up to $7,000 on your deposits.