The team behind the popular memecoin has forayed into its first “real-world” venture by partnering with a small Italian fast-food brand called Welly’s. The duo promised healthy, not just fast food options, and to grow globally together.
- The announcement from Shiba Inu developer – Shytoshi Kusama – explained that the memecoin’s team chose Welly’s because they were looking for someone who shares the same values.
- As such, they refrained from partnering with “huge centralized conglomerates that are con-agriculture and known for selling “food” that is harmful, subpar, and possibly poisonous.”
- Although Welly’s still has a single store in Naples, Italy, the company aims to open multiple new ones in the next few years. The partnership will Shiba Inu should help both sides expand rapidly on a global scale.
- Being a one-store restaurant, though, allowed Welly’s to transform its place into a Shiba Inu-themed joint within a week.
- As part of the collaboration, the fast-food restaurant will start accepting Shiba Inu’s native cryptocurrency (SHIB) as a payment method. According to the announcement, both parties will also consider adding Dogecoin payments, even though Shiba Inu launched with a marketing campaign promising to be a DOGE-killer.
- After launching in 2020, Shiba Inu gained mass popularity last year during the memecoin season. It became perhaps the biggest gainer in the crypto space, and the team tried to capitalize on all the attention by launching a decentralized exchange and an NFT collection.