An OpenSea user has placed a bid for 1,000,000 USDC on the ENS name of ‘amazon.eth’. The offer is set to expire on Tuesday at 15:00 EST.
- According to the listing page, previous offers to purchase the name were for only a few thousand dollars each. For example, the two next most recent offers were for 4 WETH ($6000) and 6200 USDC each.
- The name’s current owner – 4761BF – initially bought the domain for 33 ETH in February of 2022. He owns 57 other OpenSea items primarily from the Dice collection – randomized and weighted dice rolls stored on-chain.
- He also possesses one other ENS name in ‘fortnite.eth’ – named after the popular battle royale shooter from Epic Games.
- Meanwhile, the individual making the offer owns about 20 ENS names. Multiple are related to Amazon, including one called ‘jefferyjefferybezos.eth’.
- The amazon.eth name was created on August 2nd of 2017 and expires on October 16th of 2036. It was first registered on February 7th of 2020.
- Ethereum Name Service (ENS) provides human-readable names to different aspects of the web 3 world. These commonly include blockchain addresses, but can also pertain to IPFS hashes, or website URLs.
- Like NFTs, ENS names can be bought and sold on secondary markets, and are often used by crypto users as part of their social media profiles.
- The largest purchase for an ENS name thus far was for ‘paradigm.eth’, purchased for 420 ETH last year – about $1.5 million at the time.
- Earlier this month, the second largest purchase in history took place, with one buyer spending 300 ETH on ‘000.eth’.